Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What is the minimum age to buy black powder?

I'm in Louisiana.What is the minimum age to buy black powder?
You know I always thought hey a black powder rifle might be fun to shoot until I went to the range and saw a guy (old man) with the full set up. In a word BORING, This has got to be the most God awful waste of time and money I've ever seen. After a lengthy and complicated ritual of measuring, pouring, poking, prodding, and packing you are ready to fire. Pull the trigger and start counting 1000 1 1000 2 BANG it finally goes off with a big puff of smoke in your face. I also witnessed several failure to fires which resulted in the guy holding the rifle like it was a stick of dynamite until he was sure it wasn't going to go off. This is something I think only an old man or a member of the geek squad could appreciate. If you are young and are chompin at the bit for a firearm start saving your money now so by time you're 18 you can afford a nice rifle or shotgun. The answer to your question is probably 18 as more than one person has told you but I think you should forget this idea find a part time job to earn some money and stay in school and learn something you can use later in life.What is the minimum age to buy black powder?
If you can't wait to 18, make your own. There are plenty of instructions on Google and Youtube. Good luck!
18, as all other places
without looking at your laws, I would say 18, that is what it is in Mi.
55

No comments:

Post a Comment