Saturday, December 19, 2009

Where can I find a single barrel black powder shotgun?

I am having a difficult time locating a single barrel 12 ga black powder shot gun for a reasonable price. Dixie Gun Works no longer has them and the only ones I can find are around $1000. I don鈥檛 care if its percussion cap or 209 primer ignition, no flintlocks. It will be for one of my grandkids. Heck even a 10 ga would work with light BP loads but I would prefer the 12 ga.


Thanks.Where can I find a single barrel black powder shotgun?
A trick a friend of mine told me. Buy a smoothbore rifle and load it with shot. It works great and if you want a rifle you have one and if you want a shotgun you have one. You are going to need a large caliber. Like 68 or larger.





Or You can buy a Knight TK-2000 for 400 bucks.Where can I find a single barrel black powder shotgun?
Hmmm, my grandson wanted to try some black powder shooting. I loaded some handgun and rifle stuff up for him and had a friend load some 12 ga. shot shells with black powder. He shot the shells out of his Stoeger Coach gun (double barrel) without any problems. If you can be happy with a modern single barrel shooting black powder loads, there are a number of single barrel shotguns out there.
Long shot had a good idea. Get yourself a .60-.72 cal muzzle loading ';rifle'; (smoothbore of course) and see if that'll work. It might pattern a little funny, but I don't see how that would be a *real* detriment to the fun of the shooting.





Of course... you can go my route with a Lathe and Milling machine...
www.basspro.com


www.cableas.com

No comments:

Post a Comment