Wednesday, April 28, 2010

How I can use Sodium Chloride in making Black Powder?

I have Sodium Chloride as liquid and I want to use it as oxidizer in making black powder.How I can use Sodium Chloride in making Black Powder?
You can't use sodium chloride, as a liquid or a solid, directly in your powder. Gunpowder and black powder are made using sodium NITRATE.





So, what you'd need to do is take your sodium chloride solution and react it with silver or lead nitrate. That would precipitate silver or lead chloride, leaving sodium ions and nitrate ions in solution.





Now, evaporate the water from the solution to get sodium nitrate crystals, which you would then mix with the other ingredients.How I can use Sodium Chloride in making Black Powder?
you can't, sodium chloride is just plain old table salt
You need potasium cloride I do believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment