Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What make of Black powder pistol do you recommend ?

I'm considering purchasing a Black Powder revolver (possibly a Walker) . who manufactured the pistol you shoot %26amp; are you happy with it.What make of Black powder pistol do you recommend ?
The Walker is a beast of a revolver...the ';44 Mag'; of its day (1847)


I have had a Uberti and an Armi San Marco...both were good...Armi San Marco is no more but they are still out there on the used market, There are plenty if Uberti importers...just shop the price. My all time favorite black powder pistol is a .54 Hawken made by Pedersoli...have killed several deer with itWhat make of Black powder pistol do you recommend ?
I had a 1851 Reb navy .44 reproduction made in Italy. It was an all right firearm, shoot a little low. Got it because it was the cheapest BP revolver I could find. Sold it about 9 years ago.





If I was going to do it again I'd do it right from the start and buy a Ruger Old Army in stainless. It's modern meets historical and built like a tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment