Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Is it legal to make black powder?

Now, I don't want people jumping down my throat about this... I am just wondering whether it is legal to make a small batch of black powder for a science project. I live in Canada, so give me Canadian answers.





Thanks in advance!Is it legal to make black powder?
Sorry, I don't the laws in Canada but in the US while it's federally legal to make it for your own use, states, counties and towns can have their own laws. I imagine it's similar in Canada. In the US I would suggest someone call their local Fire Marshall, I don't know what they call them in Canada, but I'd suggest you call a similar authority, they would know those laws and be able to help you out.Is it legal to make black powder?
Yo with all the respect to a fellow garage chemist, who cares hahahaha. You can buy gun powder for muzzle loaders in ***** Sporting goods.... so you answer that question.
You could check your local authorities to make sure, but it is almost certainly legal. It's what you do with it that risks being illegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment